Role: Sound Designer/Producer
Secret City Adventures designs, develops and delivers immersive experiences. Founded on the principles of experience design, Secret City Adventures are pioneers in immersive digital and live action experiences, urban revitalization and other curious endeavours.
In 2013, Secret City Adventures brought the original Real Escape Game from Scrap Entertainment Japan to Toronto, hosting over 25,000 players. Since then they produced the critically-acclaimed Casa Loma Escape Series, which launched in the summer of 2015.
• 3 years experience required
• Portfolio required
• Previous experience in theatre, film, television, video games, escape games, live events, or other relevant projects is an asset.
Roles and responsibilities
• Work with game designers and producers to design sound for the space.
• Sound design may include ambient sounds, music, voice recordings, or other, and will likely be a mix of background audio and triggered audio.
• Record and/or produce sample sounds for approval by game designers and producers.
• After approval, produce all audio required.
• Source and purchase any software, hardware and equipment necessary for sound design.
• Install and set up any software, hardware, or equipment necessary to play audio and run cues as intended.
• Collaborate with producer to understand and work within an outlined budget.
• Work with representatives of a Canadian television production company to ensure sound design is consistent with the aesthetic and feel of a well established, long running television property.
• Complete the above within given deadlines.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com by June 2nd 2017. Applications should include your cover letter, resume and any other interesting info you have to share.