Role: Payroll Assistant
Secret City Adventures designs, develops, and delivers immersive experiences. Founded on the principles of experience design, Secret City Adventures are pioneers in immersive theatre and live action experiences, urban revitalization and other curious endeavours.
In 2013, Company & Co. brought the original Real Escape Game from Scrap Entertainment Japan to Toronto, hosting over 25,000 players. Since then they produced the critically-acclaimed Casa Loma Escape Series, which launched in the summer of 2015.
In addition, Company & Co. most recently developed and delivered one of the first ever cityscape games across Toronto’s Kensington Market and Chinatown, an escape game based on the hit tv-series Murdoch Mysteries, and a 60 person immersive adventure experience at Black Creek Pioneer Village.
Starting with a 3 months contract
Compensation based on experience
~ 16- 20 hours/ week – shared between two locations (both in Toronto downtown)
- Must have good knowledge of Quickbooks online, Ceridian payroll, Excel / Google Spreadsheets.
- Honest and reliable, efficient, resourceful.
- Self-initiating, solution oriented.
- Organized, detail oriented, analytical, thorough, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with startups an asset.
- Work closely with the General Manager to manage all accounts payables, including contractor invoices, expense reports, partnership fees, credit cards, corporate and HST taxes (quarterly).
- Manage all account receivables and account payables; manage all records of credit card expenses and invoices; Manage payroll process.
- Reconcile balance sheets.
- Prepare monthly P&L reports.
- Compile and organize all employee contracts, records, written reports and audit notes.
- Develop and manage employee feedback program.
- Google Drive: Sheets (compatible with XLS, CVS), Docs, Slides