Role: Marketing Coordinator
Secret City Adventures designs, develops and delivers immersive experiences. Founded on the principles of experience design, Secret City Adventures are pioneers in immersive theatre and live action experiences, urban revitalization and other curious endeavors.
In 2013, Secret City Adventures brought the original Real Escape Game from Scrap Entertainment Japan to Toronto, hosting over 25,000 players. Since then they produced the critically-acclaimed Casa Loma Escape Series, which launched in the summer of 2015. In addition, Secret City Adventures most recently developed and delivered one of the first ever cityscape games across Toronto’s Kensington Market and Chinatown.
About the Role:
You will work with the lead props designer and production team at Secret City Adventures, to design and deliver unique, immersive, experiences to Secret City Adventures’ audience. You’ll work primarily on the design, prototyping, and building of puzzle prop pieces – with a focus on robust designs within a sensitive timeframe.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing our marketing efforts to acquire new customers and meaningfully engage with returning customers.
- Implement a multi-channel marketing plan and develop campaigns
- Create engaging content (photography, videos, images, interviews, stories) across all platforms including the website, social media, e-newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Monitor sales, tracking Search and Social data and analytics to garner awareness, engagement and adjust accordingly to increase conversions and result in sales
- Produces weekly/quarterly reports on progress of campaigns in relation to sales
- Connect with key influencers and media to make them aware of our gaming experiences and to garner positive coverage of our offerings
- Works closely with SEO and SEM freelancer/agency to optimize conversions on web site
- Develops creative for collateral and advertising for digital and traditional properties
- Sources marketing partnerships and manages relationships to built new audience capacity
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- 1 or 2 years of experience producing and developing content (photos, videos, images, etc.); understanding of SEM and SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Public Relations;
- Understands and can make updates in WordPress
- Compelling written and oral communication skills, (English);
- Self-starter and team player who can contribute innovative ideas;Social Media savvy on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc. understand their paid advertising offerings;
- Strong eye for detail, well organized and can oversee designers and consultants
Location: We have offices at Trinity Bellwoods, in Casa Loma, and at Dundas & Spadina, and we’re not stopping there.
Compensation: To be based on experience
Term: Contract based on project work — 6 month with the chance to renew.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Kaitlin Tremblay at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should include your cover letter, resume and any other interesting info you have to share.