Role: Game Master/Clue Staff
Want to participate in a fully immersive, large-scale escape room? Want to gain paid experience inhabiting fully realized characters with a live audience of gamers? Do you have improv experience?
Secret City Adventures is looking to hire game masters and clue staff for an upcoming summertime escape room at Black Creek Pioneer Village.
- Greet customers
- Set up the Game (including all props and puzzle pieces)
- Fulfill the requirements of the character and script
- Provide in-character clues to players as necessary
- Supervise the Game and ensure players’ safety
- Understand the rules and logic of the puzzles
- Confidently provide an immersive experience by remaining in-character
- Take notes during the Game
- As Game Master, make sure the Game runs smoothly
- As Clue Staff, assist the Game Master as necessary
- Promptly fix any props and equipment that may get broken
- Provide excellent customer service to players through assisting with any inquiries or issues that may arise
- Reset the rooms in the village after a session has ended
- Support social media communication efforts (Facebook, Twitter)
- Prior customer service experience
- Interest or experience in improv is preferred
- No experience in game development is necessary
- Ability to be on call during the evenings at Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
Secret City Adventures is an equal opportunity employer.