Black Creek Pioneer Village: Escape Game Clue Staff
Contract Duration: September 2019 – November 2019
Contract Type: Part-time
Shifts: Thu. 6pm – 9:30pm, Fri. – Sat. 5:00pm – 11:30pm (weekday private bookings starting from 2pm)
Hours per week: Work hours will be based on business needs
Job Description: Clue Staff are responsible for supervising and assisting teams as they play Where Dark Things Dwell, an escape adventure that sprawls across the grounds of Black Creek Pioneer Village. Through expert knowledge of game procedures and strong customer service skills, Clue Staff create an immersive world that allows players the chance to become heroes. Clue Staff are charismatic and helpful, learn quickly and pay attention to detail, and are confident and capable problem solvers when the need arises.
We are looking for applicants with strong availability and flexibility to start immediately and help support our busy Halloween season.
- Setting up/tearing down the game areas before and after each game
- Creating an immersive world by inhabiting the role of a Black Creek Villager
- Communicating rules and objectives to teams in your game area
- Supervising teams, offering hints, and ensuring game rules are observed
- Coordinating with logistics officer and manager to ensure a smooth game
- Assisting with maintenance and repair of game pieces where necessary
- Passionate about interactive works: puzzles, board games, theatre, video games, role playing, whatever!
- Can stay in character and improvise off of a base script (acting experience is a plus)
- Are a confident speaker, fluent in English, who can capture people’s attention and get them excited
- Are comfortable enforcing rules to ensure safety and comfort, even if it might bother people
- Can read a room, and adjust your presence to engage shy players or keep excited ones from bouncing off the walls.
- Can memorize the game’s puzzles inside and out to make sure it runs perfectly every time
If you’re interested in applying for the above role, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject by replying to this post.